- 75g shortening
- 92g Icing sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 92g plain flour
- Mix shortening with icing sugar until paste is formed. Whip it until it is fluffy.
- Slowly add in the egg white and whip well.
- Mix in flour to make a smooth paste.
- Using prepared stencil cutting (stars and crescent moon), make imprint of pattern on baking paper.
- Freeze to harden pattern. Using 2/3 of paste, add in colouring as desired for overlay on initial pattern done on baking paper.
- Once coloured paste is ready, use 2nd stencil (rectangular shape) and enclose 1st imprint.
- Immediately apply coloured paste over 1st pattern, then remove stencil taking care not to create smudging of 1st pattern.
- Freeze it again so that it is kept firm and does not run.
Emulsified Swiss Roll
- 200g whole eggs
- 70g fine castor sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 25g corn flour
- 6g Sponge gel (Emulsifier)
- 35g OKI Brand Canola Oil
- Put eggs in mixing bowl. Add in sugar with gel and mix it with eggs.
- Sieve flour with corn flour and then mix into eggs with sugar and gel.
- Whisk the mixture for 5 mins until light and creamy in colour and fluffy.
- Whisk in OKI Brand Canola Oil slowly until well mixed.
- Gently pour sponge mixture over pattern that has been taken out of freezer on the tray.
- Spread evenly taking care not to come into contact with pattern made on surface of baking paper.
- Bake in oven with top heat at 220°C and bottom heat at same temperature for 5-6 mins.
- When ready, immediately remove from baking tray to stop cooking the sponge roll.
- Cool it on steel grate by overturning it and removing baking paper from sponge roll.
- Prepare non-dairy whipped cream and whip to achieve consistency.
- Spread thin layer onto surface of overturned sponge roll on paper.
- Start forming roll by first folding small horizontal portion lengthwise and then with aid of paper lying under sponge roll, complete the rolling.
- Place in freezer to let sponge roll firm up before serving by slicing portions with cake knife.